On may 18, 2018, the Congress of Digital radio Broadcasting was held in St. Petersburg – the first all-Russian forum dedicated to digital radio, the adoption and implementation of digital radio broadcasting, the creation and development of the digital radio market in Russia.
The Congress reviewed international experience and the results of successful global campaigns to introduce digital broadcasting. Discussions were held on the following topics:
- Formation of the digital broadcasting industry in Russia.
- Modern capabilities and innovative solutions for digital broadcasting.
- Experience of colleagues from Europe, America, India.
- Elimination of information inequality in Russia.
- Import substitution of industrial equipment production.
- Creating a comfortable environment for the digital broadcasting business in Russia.
There were panel discussions on the development of digital broadcasting in the Far North, the possibilities of the legal field for the implementation of digital broadcasting projects in Russia and many others.
The Congress was attended by:
- Alexander Dvorkovich, Doctor of technical sciences, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Director of the physical and technical school of radio engineering and computer technology of the Moscow Institute of physics and technology. Presented the Russian digital broadcasting system RAVIS.
- Albert Vaal (Dr.- Ing. Waal, Albert Head of Hardware Development RF mondial GmbH), Germany, member of the Executive and governing Board of the DRM consortium.
- Lars-Peter Lundgren, sales director, Paneda, Norway.
- James Watson, senior international sales manager, Factum Radioscape.
- Wolfgang Peters, sales director, AVT Audio Video Technologies GmbH, Germany.
- Vladimir Grigoriev, General Director of "Laboratory of info communication networks".
- Alexey Yastrebov, head of marketing, sales and external relations service of AO "Sarapulsky radio plant".
The main objective of the Congress is to create a Digital Broadcasting industry in Russia and provide comfortable conditions for industry business.
The Congress should become a platform for establishing information exchange in the field of digital radio and obtaining practical information for business development in the field of radio broadcasting of the new generation.
The Congress included plenary sessions, work on thematic sections, as well as lectures from representatives of companies.