The tests in Kazan were organized in accordance with the decision of The State Commission on radio frequencies on the creation of experimental broadcasting zones of the RAVIS system in Kazan, Izhevsk, Kaliningrad and Krasnodar (№15-35-01 of 16.10.2015)
Permission of Roskomnadzor to use radio frequencies № 587-rchs-16-0002 from 17.11.2016
Field tests of the RAVIS technology took place in Kazan in several stages:
− October 20-November 4, 2017 (launch);
− 5-9 December 2017 (fixed admission);
− January 26-February 1, 2018 (fixed reception);
− 13-17 March 2018 (mobile reception)
The RAVIS technology experimental tests have successfully demonstrated the ability to transmit over a broadcasting channel on a single frequency several audio stereo or multi-channel (5.1) programs, or video with a demonstration both on the receiver screen and on the screen of a smartphone or a tablet. In Kazan, five Republican radio stations broadcasted live in digital format.
Thus, on one frequency with a standard bandwidth, it is possible to broadcast 10-15 high-quality digital stereo radio programs or to organize one video broadcasting channel, instead of one audio program.
The technology of digital transmission of audiovisual information RAVIS allows to use part of the frequencies for the transmission of television signals for reception in both stationary and mobile modes.
RAVIS provides the transmission of high-quality multi-channel audio in 5.1 format and the operation of all services without using the Internet.
Practical application of the RAVIS technology as a digital broadcasting system in the Republic of Tatarstan will provide potential consumers with innovative RAVIS services, which have not been provided anywhere else in Russia and the CIS by other existing systems:
- transmission of a local video program on a free radio channel without using the Internet with stereo sound support (possibly in several languages) for both stationary and mobile reception;
- transmission of national radio programs;
- transmission of a part of radio programs in high-quality multichannel 5.1 format (for example, classical music);
- providing the ability to transmit emergency messages in audio/video and alphanumeric format;
- due to the Wi-Fi module in the RAVIS digital receiver, the system provides the opportunity to expand the functionality of a typical smartphone or tablet and to receive on-air radio and television broadcasting;
- free of charge use of all new RAVIS services for the consumer.
In addition, the RAVIS technology of public notification creates the possibility of its practical application in the structures and facilities of the Ministry of Emergencies of Russia.
The system provides a stable wireless reception of emergency voice messages of civil defense and emergency situations on special receivers (RAVIS digital receivers), placed in households, apartments, cottages and various industrial facilities without using the Internet. The RAVIS receivers with notification function are equipped with independent power supply in addition to power-line supply. Geographical precision of notifications is also provided.